Loren E. (Larry) Stamp
Cameo Home Inspection Services
Prior to becoming a home inspector, I was a licensed general contractor in Washington State, (Cameo Construction Services). During that time, many of the composite wood sidings were experiencing failure so I gained considerable experience with siding repair and replacement. As I was closely tied to the real estate community, I performed many repairs which were identified through home and pest inspections. This included sub structure rot repair, crawl space drainage mitigation, bath and kitchen repairs and numerous repairs related to wood rot decay. I accomplished many additions and remodels including HUD 203K restorations. Cameo also did residential roofing and became a preferred contractor for Owens Corning roofing products. I started Cameo Home Inspection Services in 1999 and as of 2022, I have personally performed well over 10,000 inspections. I have been a frequent contributor to the local paper and have also written for technical journals.
I developed a number of training programs and have had the opportunity to present at national home inspector conferences and pest management seminars. I wrote a home inspection book for consumers and realtors called, "What if Houses Could Talk?", as well as a book for new realtors, "Cameo's Realtor Assistance Packet".
Certifications & Licenses
- Trained and certified by Inspection Training Associates, Oceanside, CA 1999
- Certified as a Master Inspector: AII, American Institute of Inspectors
- Certified: Mobile Home Inspector
- Certified: FEMA Disaster Housing Inspector
- Licensed Washington State Home Inspector #222
- Licensed Washington State Structural Pest Inspector #59753
- Certified: Washington State Real Estate Instructor
- Certified Instructor: Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Past National President: AII
- Past President: Washington Association of Property Inspectors, WAPI
- Past Chair, Inspection Committee: Washington State Pest Management Association, WSPMA
- Former Home Inspection Instructor: Kaplan Technical College, Renton, Washington
- Former Home Inspection Instructor: The ASHI School, Washington
- Lead Instructor: WSU Structural Pest Inspector Training Facility, Puyallup, WA
- Certified Level I Infrared Thermographer
- Past chairman of the board: AII, American Institute of Inspectors
- Administrator: Cameo Real Estate School
I was born and raised here in Washington and graduated from Tumwater High School in 1999. My beautiful wife Amanda and I were married in 2004. Currently we reside in Centralia, Washington - enjoying our garden, farm, dogs, and cats.
When not inspecting homes you can usually find me chasing Salmon and Steelhead in one of my many rafts on coastal rivers or whitewater rafting. Both are a huge passion of mine and I love to share them with others!
I come from an extensive construction background. Everything from framing of houses to building of decks and fences, hardwood floor installation, and sales at a local lumber and hardware store. Before becoming a home inspector, I was employed by Tanglewilde lumber in Olympia on their sales staff for 15 years, the last 10 as the assistant manager. This construction and building science background has given me a unique sensitivity and understanding of your home and how it will perform in its environment.